My thoughts on navigating the professional world, social media, memes and food.

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Is Instagram That Big of a Deal?

Last week I broke down and finally got an Instagram account. I had been putting it off since freshman year of college, and I guess I wanted to see what all the fuss was about surrounding this picturesque platform.

So, at 4 am while I couldn't sleep, I signed up for Instagram and published my first Instagram picture featuring my boyfriend, Kyle, and me.
#Instaglam #fierce #adorable

Now that I have had the platform for a little over a week, I can't help but get the feeling, "this is it?" It's nice that people can post pictures in all sorts of filters, but can't you post these pictures on Facebook and Twitter to the same end?

Also, maybe it is because I only follow about 70 people right now, but the frequency of posts are minimal compared to Facebook and Twitter. Due to the lack of posts I feel a little bored scrolling through the same pictures.

So tell me your thoughts. Do you love Instagram? Why? Or have you tried Instagram and felt the same way I do? Instagram lovers, can I have some tips to further my relationship with this social media platform?

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you, and I love pictures. I don't get what the hype is all about. Maybe give it some time and when I FINALLY post some pictures in a century from now, you'll have all the answers of why it's soooooo cool.

    ReplyDelete