My thoughts on navigating the professional world, social media, memes and food.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

If We're Being Honest...


There is a website/blog I recently started following called Honest Slogans, where they have literally what the title implies – honest slogans. They post a name brand company and where the company's normal slogan would be, there is a new, honest slogan.

One of my favorites is for Levi's Jeans: wearable napkins. I also liked The North Face: for outdoor activities across school campuses. I liked them because they were pretty honest. I wipe my dirty hands across my jeans all the time after dinner.

I wanted to bring this up because in the past book "Measure What Matters" the author talked about visibility of a brand. As well as what people think about you effects multiple aspects of success, one of which being how well your company will survive a crisis. If your brand is adequately represented and key publics know your brand’s character in a positive way, the more likely a company will survive a crisis with minor damage.

I thought that this website was a good example of the informal character analysis people give to companies every day with or without the companies’ approval or knowledge. In PR, it is a company’s responsibility to monitor this sentiment and try to change it if it is negative.

2 comments:

  1. I love the slogan for JcPenny's new campaign, "If it fits, you feel it", but every time I think about it. I picture the cat memes saying "if it fits, I sits". I find it so funny. I like the blunt and honest slogans. It like the commercials are being sarcastic with me and I am kind of enjoying it. It does relate closely to what the book said, from what I remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate commercials!!! Unless they have what appeals to me...oh wait...lol. Companies are forced to be much more on target these days, as they have limited opportunities to hit their target audience due to DVR and netflix. I think thats why advertisements are so all inclusive....good article Ms Grigsby

      Delete