My thoughts on navigating the professional world, social media, memes and food.

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Chocolate!



You know what makes me happy? Chocolate; and I am not trying to be a typical girl either. Chocolate just has amazing qualities that makes you feel happy.

            Here are 10 facts you probably did not know about chocolate that you should know from factslides.com:

1.)    Eating chocolate releases theta waves in the brain that makes you feel a sensation of relaxation.

2.)    White chocolate is not actually chocolate (gasp! Imposters!), this is because it contains no cocoa liquor or solids.

3.)    It takes about 400 cacao beans to make 1 pound of chocolate.

4.)    M&M’s were created so soldiers could eat chocolate without it melting in the field.

5.)    Every second, America collectively eats 100 pounds of chocolate. Now keep in mind that it takes 400 beans to make one pound…that is a lot of beans.

6.)    Chocolate magnet Milton Hershey cancelled his ticket on the Titanic due to last minute business matters.

7.)    Eating dark chocolate everyday helps cut your risk of heart disease by 1/3. And my mom always told me chocolate was bad for me.

8.)    I am not sure if this is true, but it is interesting: chocolate has anti-bacterial effects on your mouth that reduces the risk of cavities. (Do you believe that?)

9.)    In 2013, Belgium issued limited edition chocolate flavored stamps!

10.)            Finally, a lethal dose of chocolate is 22 pounds or 40 Hershey bars Let’s all keep that in mind once Halloween comes around, because I for one eat way to much chocolate.

After reading this you must be hungry, go get yourself some chocolate. You deserve it.

2 comments:

  1. Haley, thank you for the interesting facts about chocolate! I always feel guilty because when I am too busy to cook dinner or I really have a craving for something sweet, dark chocolate is my weakness. It's good to hear it isn't as bad as our parents told us it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post!! I love chocolate and I always knew it wasn't as bad for you as people said. I like that you added the fact about a lethal dose of chocolate. I will have to restrain myself from eating 40 Hershey bars!

    ReplyDelete