My thoughts on navigating the professional world, social media, memes and food.

Sunday, September 28, 2014

What Makes a House a Home



Is everyone getting excited?!
(image found on Google Images)
 
There is one thing that is obvious about the Grigsby family: Christmas is everything.

We spend all year pretty much thinking about Christmas. Yes we acknowledge it is a little obsessive of us and honestly we do not really care because who isn’t happy when Christmas comes around?

Since we have this love of Christmas naturally by the first of October we are getting pretty excited. My mother has most all of her shopping for Christmas done by now and the rest of my family is asking for lists by end of September. This is a lot of pressure because I do not really know what I want for Christmas quite yet! What if something new and better comes out?

Other than that, we have broken out the Christmas movies and put them within an arm’s reach of course. Do not be shocked if we watch “Elf” by this time next week. My mom has also started going through her delicious Christmas cookie recipes.

With all the hype we put around Christmas some of my friends ask how am I not exhausted by the time Christmas actually comes or am a tired of seeing Hallmark’s Christmas displays blown up all over my house (I swear my mom has bought every Christmas decoration Hallmark has ever tried to sell).

The answer: no, I am not tired one bit. I love Christmas for all its festivities, for celebrating the birth of Jesus and for coming together as one crazy family because that is what makes a house a home…and who does not like a season full of joy, gift-giving and eating junk food for breakfast?

2 comments:

  1. Haley, I loved reading about the obsessive Christmas love your family has! It's funny to hear that the Grigsby family is already planning the festivities for December when I haven't even thought about celebrating Thanksgiving yet. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with this! I'm actually jealous that you can be this excited about Christmas this early! I will say that I am expecting some of these delicious cookies you've talked about in this blog. I'm holding you to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah, Christmas time is just so fun and by people who love it too make it more jolly. Also, if you were wondering we have broken out "Elf and watched it. :) When the candy and cookie making comes to its peak I will throw in a few more and bring it by PRSSA!

    ReplyDelete