My thoughts on navigating the professional world, social media, memes and food.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Dancing With the Ada Stars #ONUHC14

          As all of you ONU students, alumni and Ada community members know last weekend was Homecoming. For Homecoming weekend I live Tweeted from the Freed Performing Arts Center as I watched "Dancing with the Ada Stars." The Utah Ballroom Dance Company goes around to towns promoting the show "Dancing with the (your hometown name here) Stars" as a live version of the hit television show "Dancing with the Stars."

         I was enjoyed the performance but I did not get to tweet as much as I would have like to about it because the ushers scolded me for having my cell phone out. The performance was a good community activity though that included dancing by citizens of Ada and the ONU dance students as well as the professionals and was a fun time had by all in the midst of Homecoming 2014.

3 comments:

  1. Haley, I am very glad you shared about this event because I was unable to go. I did not quite understand why it was called "Dancing with the Ada Stars" until now. I think it is really cool that there is a company that does this for towns. What a great idea! I am sure you had a blast at the show. Again, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was a pretty good idea too Alex. I am sure a lot of towns would want to participate in it because it is a great event for the entire community. Also, fun fact, I was told that the competitors only got one hour of practice each night for five nights before the actual show and the dance routines were about two minutes each. I thought that was pretty impressive to dance with professionals with only having five hours of practice and little, if any, ballroom dance experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haley,

    I didn't even know this was happening this year. It sounds like such a cool idea and a fun event. Perhaps when I come back as an alumni in the future I will have to see if the same program is still here!

    ReplyDelete