My thoughts on navigating the professional world, social media, memes and food.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Setting A Good Example


Last night I went on to PR Newswire’s blog because it is good at updating content and staying relevant with information. Then I noticed there is a link to a special website specifically for bloggers. How neat! I clicked through and made it to the home page and as I was looked through the website design I noticed a lot of aspects from the three different books I have read this semester especially in “Share This”.

There were links going back to the PR Newswire  blogger website, it promoted the Twitter account and the blog (of course because the website is geared toward bloggers). This must enhance click-through rates and get different kinds of content seen more often and thoroughly.

The second aspect I enjoyed was that the website was not all about the field of public relations. The line under the heading was “Tools to help your blog thrive”, and I think that the decision to just put tools on the website to help bloggers was a good idea because not everyone just blogs about public relations. So, PR Newswire has a blog list on its blog website that lists an array of different kinds of blog topics that are popular that the company’s bloggers have viewed and decided to share. The blogging website also has a list that lists recent or new press releases. I thought this was genius. Bloggers can come to them first when news breaks in real-time (doesn’t that sound familiar from “Real-Time Marketing and PR”). This can also help the company’s SEO because once people get the website popular the more tags, the more sharing and commenting and the more hits on Google.

This all comes from good, updated content that is relevant to the community the website is trying to reach. Good work PR Newswire.

No comments:

Post a Comment