My thoughts on navigating the professional world, social media, memes and food.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Two and a Half Cups of Flour and a Pinch of Embarressment


          Just to give you all a nice glimpse into my life as an awkward individual I have a story that you may find humorous. Two weeks ago my boyfriend and I decided we wanted to make some cookie dough because who doesn’t want to just pig out on raw cookie dough right? Regardless of the threats my mother has given me about Salmonella we broke out the chocolate chips.

            We are going along and did not want to make the whole batch so we halved the recipe. Well I added two eggs instead of one…oops. Minor set back, so we went back and made a full batch and agreed to bake the dough we did not eat.

            It gets time to add the flour and after we do so the dough does not look as stiff as it should normally. So, being the impromptu and amazing bakers we are, we just added more flour; but it still tasted really sweet and was not stiff enough so we threw caution to the wind and threw it out to make another batch from scratch.

            Time to add flour to the second batch and the dough turns out the same exact way: too sweet and runny. I could not for the life of me understand what was happening; I have made cookies a billion times! I add more flour but it just seems to get sweeter and runnier the more flour I added. The second time as I reach the measuring cup in the plastic bag to pull out some more flour something possesses me to look at the white powdery substance and after looking at it for probably a long time I tasted it.

            My boyfriend’s family puts their sugars and flour into plastic gallon bags. So I came to find out I was adding powdered sugar instead of flour the whole entire time. After these endeavors we felt so defeated we went and got Blizzards at Dairy Queen.

            Epic fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment