My thoughts on navigating the professional world, social media, memes and food.

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Halloween in Walt Disney World


With Halloween coming up I am having a crisis on what costume to wear this year. Last year I did not have this problem because I was in Disney World in Orlando, Florida over Halloween and it was amazing! If there is one place that knows how to do Halloween it is  Walt Disney World.

I have been to Disney World twice now in my life: once when I was eight and last year when I was eighteen. Let me tell you, I love Disney World so much more as an adult than as a child.

Back to Halloween though; I think it was the best time to go because the fall weather in Florida is perfect, and the park was not near as crowded as it is in the summer or in December around Christmas time.

The factor I liked most about Halloween Disney style was the Halloween party the park puts on at the Magic Kingdom all season long. It was called Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and it was fun for all ages. The party included a parade with appearances from the Disney villains, the ghouls and ghosts from the Haunted Mansion and of course all the favorite characters like Mickey and Minnie dressed up in their costumes. Plus there is a mind-blowing light and firework show over Cinderella’s Castle once the parade is over to top the night off.

Disney is magical any time of year, but it was the best over Halloween and has something festive to offer people of all ages. That being said, this nostalgia will not help me pick out my costume this year. Any fun ideas anyone would like to share with me?
Disney villains making an appearance.

1 comment:

  1. Haley, I understand the struggle you are going through trying to find a Halloween costume. You could always go as your favorite Disney character since you enjoyed being at Disney last year. I am very jealous of your Disney experience. It sounds like you made some wonderful memories. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete