My thoughts on navigating the professional world, social media, memes and food.

Monday, November 24, 2014

Boosting Visibility

I love a good infographic, and prdaily.com has a myriad of good ones. Todays infographic that sparked my interest was "10 Ways To Get More Eyeballs On Your Posts." This topic is near to my heart because we all want what we have worked hard on to be seen and appreciated. In PR it is also important to prioritize visibility of content.

In the latest infographic, the brilliant people of prdaily.com have listed tips like search engine optimism and frequently posting good content. However, there were a few other tips I think that thought outside of the box to help people with sharing the content people work so hard on.

The tip I want to talk about was tip number 9: Break up a long post. This seems like common sense but I wanted to list it here anyway. I am guilty of reading a catchy headline, clicking on the article and then scrolling through the whole thing to see if I want to make the commitment of reading the entire article. I am sure I am not alone in the fact I seldom read long articles unless I am really interested in the topic, especially on social media.  They suggest to break up long articles into one, two, or three consecutive posts. This led me to think like a "part 1, 2 and 3" idea. If you get someone hooked on the first one, it's a good bet they will check in for the next few installments. This aspect of storytelling could  also get them hooked on the website, blog, or social media platform you are trying to promote anyway; this could then lead to the path of loyalty.

There is another tip about email marketing, which I know you all may think "spam alert!", but you will be pleasantly surprised when you hear their ideas. Please, check out the article here; I promise it is worth the few minutes to read. I hope it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment