My thoughts on navigating the professional world, social media, memes and food.

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Winter 2014: I Am NOT Ready

The snow makes me sad. I love absolutely Christmas, as I have said in a previous post in September, but I hate the cold weather. I would much rather have Christmas in Florida. That being said I like a small amount of snow on Christmas morning, but that is the only exception.

Reasons why I hate winter:

1.) I hate driving in the snow, ice, freezing rain, etc. People drive slower, I have to drive slower, and there are more accidents that slow down traffic.

2.) I hate scraping snow. I am filled with dread when I wake up and see my frost covered car. I know that I can go out and start my car earlier, which would fix the problem, but I often forget to do this and it eats my gas.

3.) I am a very cold person; not in spirit, in body temperature. I am not sure if I just have poor circulation or what the problem is but my feet are perpetually cold; with or without socks. It also makes my nose runny and red, which makes me have to carry tissues. By the time March rolls around all I want is to feel the sun on my skin again.

I know in my short list I may sound like a Grinch, but winter and I just aren't friends. Power to those of you who embrace the cold; you have thicker skin than mine.

This forecast is not what my dreams are made of.

1 comment:

  1. Haley, I'm not ready for the snow either! I really don't enjoy driving in the snow and ice. Unfortunately, we are being forced to deal with it today. There is so much snow already! Drive safe and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete