My thoughts on navigating the professional world, social media, memes and food.

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014: Blessings, Food and Naps



My Thanksgiving Itinerary this past Thursday:

·         10:00 a.m.: get to grandma’s house to help Grandpa set the table.

·         11:55 a.m.: steal a small piece of the turkey that just came out of the oven even though Grandma gives me a disapproving look.

·         Noon: sit down to eat as a family.

·         12:02: say grace; (everyone will be peeking during grace to see the steaming piles of deliciousness that overwhelms the table).

·         12:03: Grab a platter, plate-up and pass.

·         12:10-12:30: FEAST!

·         12:30-1:00: clean up.

·         1:00: Fall into a deep, turkey-induced nap.

·         After Nap: PIE TIME!

·         After Pie: nap, football and seconds, thirds, possibly fourths.

I love Thanksgiving, not only is it a gateway to Christmas, but it is a time to bond with the family who drives you crazy yet you love them dearly. In the daily grind of work, school, dinner plans, kids and trying to get enough sleep it can be easy to oversee the amazing blessings bestowed upon us so Thanksgiving is an important holiday because it brings these blessings back into focus. I am thankful for my family, my boyfriend, my friends, my freedom and The Ohio State University football beating Michigan this Saturday. What were you thankful for this Thanksgiving?

2 comments:

  1. Haley, I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving! I liked looking at your itinerary and comparing it to my own family's tradition for Thanksgiving. It's such a great break from school and all of the work before we come back and get through finals. I can't believe Christmas is sneaking up on us so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haley, My favorite time of Thanksgiving is definitely the turkey-induced nap. A close second is the snacking throughout the day and the seconds, thirds, fourths and so on. We usually have lunch and dinner for our Thanksgiving. Now, let's get on to Christmas!

    ReplyDelete